Linear algebra is the branch of mathematics concerning vector spaces and linear mappings between such spaces. Linear algebra is central to both pure and applied mathematics.
Provided below is a list of all the matrix operations and decompositions available in Mintoris Basic.
d = MatDet(a())
- Compute the matrix determinate.
c = MatCond(a())
- Ratio of largest to smallest singular value.
r = MatRank(a())
- Effective numerical rank, obtained from SVD.
n = MatNorm1(a())
- Maximum column sum.
n = MatNorm2(a())
- Maximum singular value.
n = MatNormF(a())
- Square root of the sum of squares of all elements.
n = MatNormInf(a())
- Maximum row sum.
t = MatTrace(a())
- Sum of the diagonal elements.
c() = MatAdd(a(),b())
- Add two matrices. C = A + B
c() = MatSub(a(),b())
- Subtract two matrices. C = A - B
c() = MatMult(a(),b())
- Linear algebraic matrix multiplication. C = A * B
c() = MatSolve(a(),b())
- Solve A*X = B. Solution if A is square, least squares solution otherwise.
c() = MatUMinus(a())
- Unary minus. C = -A
c() = MatRandom(rows, cols)
- Generate matrix with random elements.
c() = MatInverse(a())
- Inverse A if A is square, pseudoinverse otherwise.
c() = MatIdentity(rows, cols)
- Returns an m-by-n matrix with ones on the diagonal and zeros elsewhere.
c() = MatTranspose(a())
- Matrix transpose.
c() = MatSolveTranspose(a())
- Solve X*A = B, which is also A'*X' = B'